Today was a fun day. W had a playdate with a girl that looked like she could be my daughter. She had blonde hair, blue eyes, and freckles. If people saw us together they would think she was mine, I'm sure. She was very sweet. I didn't get to play with them much because the mom left Mercy and me a schedule for the week which instructed me to help M with her homework while Mercy advised the playdate. I made the girls a snack and then left them with Mercy to go help M with her homework. I miss helping her with homework. I really liked doing that. It reminds me why I've always wanted to be a teacher and it feeds that passion. W and her friend played dress up and spent the whole playdate in ballet tutus and butterfly costumes. It was rawther cute.
Then once W's playdate left it was time for M to go to her book club which I didn't even know she was a part of until I saw it on the schedule. She goes to a girl's house and they talk about the book they all read ('Clementine') and they eat dinner there. It was supposed to go from 5:15-7...well, I'll mention what happened later.
I heated up dinner for me and W, and me, W, and Mercy ate dinner in the kitchen. It was fun eating all together. Mercy was telling me how she's always too shy to eat in front of the parents and how she'll always take it to another room, even when they're on vacation. I got over my fear of squeezy yogurts and tried one for the first time. It wasn't so bad! It's just weird to eat yogurt in that way.
W got really tired and cute and clung onto me. I was actually full for probably the first time ever there. W and I have started picking out books to read at bedtime from the library because she's tired of all the ones in her room. I found 'Eloise' and decided that's what I was going to read. It's a good thing I picked a long book because Mercy and M didn't end up getting home until 8:00pm. I read 'Eloise' the entire time and W played with my hair. I didn't get to read to M because it was so late and she was coming from book club, so I left early.
Another weird thing today- everytime M hugged me around my waist she would kiss my nipples. I don't know what to say to that. "That's not appropriate"? Then when I tucked W into bed and was leaning over her to hug her she was peering down my shirt and asking what was down there. I told her and she wanted to pull my shirt down to see but I didn't let it get that far. They have become so curious it scares me.
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment