Today was such an eeyore day. It was pouring rain all day and I didn't have an umbrella for me or W, but she didn't mind because she said she likes when her hair gets wet because it gets curly. It's hard to imagine her with curly hair.
In the taxi on the way home she pouted and said, "I had to sit by myself on the bus this morning". I guess her sister normally sits with her but today she sat with her friends so W sat alone. We came up with games she could play by herself to keep her occupied. I taught her how to use her knuckles to tell which months had 30 or 31 days and I taught her the "johnny, johnny...." game on her hands. She really liked that one. We talked about different mind games she can play and hand games she can play by herself.
M didn't have any after-school activities so the 3 of us had an hour to hang out and play at home. We listened to 'Dear Edwina' which I have to admit, I sort of missed a little, and colored in their Disney princess coloring books. I think it's funny they have those because every time they color in them they make a point to talk about how much they hate princesses. Then I recorded them dancing to 'Dear Edwina' because it really was too cute. They continued on with their recent obsession with pregnancy and pretended to give birth. It was really funny but felt weird to see them pretend to give birth at 5 and 8 years old. They put the small exercise ball under their shirts and laid on their backs on W's bed and then would replace the ball with a baby doll. I recorded it all on the camera and pretended I was documenting the birth.
Then, out of NOWHERE, M asked me if my private part was hairy. I freaked out and asked her why she asked that and she said "that means it probably is". I asked where she learned about that and she said "because I saw my mom's once". I was so stunned I told her she wasn't allowed to talk about that until she's older and made her get in the bath.
While she was in the bath she expressed her concern about her class bully, May. She told me she had a bully and she seemed really upset about it so I sat on the toilet seat and talked with her about it for awhile. I had already been through this with W but M seemed more upset about it. I tried thinking of more things she could do to remedy her evil bully. I told her she should talk to her in Japanese because she wouldn't understand what she was saying. M said defeated, "but SHE'S Japanese". There goes my brilliant idea. M said, "I feel like I have the curse of May. I can feel myself getting mean when she's mean to me." I told her not to let that happen because then May wins. I told her she needs to be the bigger person and tell herself that she will not let May's bad attitude ruin her kind heart. She said it was really hard to do. Then I felt awful because for the rest of the night any time M said something sassy or threatened me and I told her that wasn't nice, she would say, "see?!" and then I had to say "no, no, no! You're not mean, M!!" I wish I could go to their school and tell May off personally.
Their parents went out tonight which I love. I never even saw the dad but the mom left around 6:45. She was getting ready during dinner so I sat with the girls to keep them company. That meant I didn't get to eat my dinner or have my quiet time, but they couldn't eat dinner by themselves. I sat where the mom usually sits at the head of the table and I felt so weird about doing so because the mom was home. She was doing her own thing though, so whatever. During dinner the girls told me about a "festival" they're having at their house that I should be invited to and asked if I would come if I was invited. It's basically a large cocktail party with everyone they know. They said there are so many people there it's hard to walk around. M said they get cooks that come and cook in the kitchen and they get servants that work the event. They said I could stay over that night if I needed to because it goes until 9:00pm. I thought that was so cute they involved me in it. M told me I'm basically a part of their family. We decided I was like their older sister and they loved that and so did I.
After dinner the girls helped me do the dishes which was so darling. M put on big rubber gloves and washed the dishes and W stood on a chair and dried them, and I put them away. We had an assembly line going and the girls actually enjoyed it. It was THEIR idea, after all.
Before she left the mom gave me a list of the dates that W has playdates and told me that she's going to Tokyo on Monday until March 10th. Aaaalriiiiight.
W really wanted her hair to be curly tomorrow so I gave them braided pigtails to sleep on. They were very excited about them.
Despite the fact that W hates princesses, we read a few stories from her big book of princess stories in bed. She gave me eskimo and butterfly kisses and huge hug leaps. M had tons of energy after T left which rubbed off on W. I had a really hard time getting them to settle down and get in bed. W's mom wasn't there to read to her after I leave (which she does now) so I had to try to get her to keep occupied while I read to M. I kept checking on her to make sure the lights were out and that she was settling down.
I talked to Mercy for awhile before I headed out because we get along. Then I said a final goodnight to the girls and crept out.
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
They have servants come? Oh boy...
ReplyDelete